Anything is possible.
VCU is a Venture Creation University.
Virginia Commonwealth University is the place where you can make it real. We believe students have the power to turn ideas into a solution that makes the world a better place. And we’re not the only one who believes in our students. Check out these partners — here in Richmond and around the world — who are investing in VCU students:
- Clinton Global Initiative
- European Innovation Academy
- Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, Va.
- Science Museum of Virginia
- National Federation of Teaching Entrepreneurship
VCU’s da Vinci Center helps you get a start.
We believe in you, and we want you to succeed. The da Vinci Center will support and guide you through the entrepreneurial journey. Here are just a few of the programs:
Live it and learn it in this program. INNOVATE is a living-learning program that equips you to become an entrepreneur and launch new ventures and products.
Each semester, VCU students compete for stipends to participate in an intense three-month program to guide them through the challenging early stages of building a startup.
Richmond is one of the “Best Cities Regardless of Size for Startups” according to Southern Business and Development.
- 58% students involved in entrepreneurial or innovation activities
- 15% students start companies while at VCU
- $2 million+ total revenue, grants and investments generated by student start-ups in one year.
- B.S. in business with a concentration in management/entrepreneurship
- Certificate in product innovation (undergraduate)
- Certificate in venture creation (undergraduate)
- Executive M.B.A. with a concentration in entrepreneurship and innovation
- M.B.A. with a concentration in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Master of product innovation
- Minor in entrepreneurship