Anything is possible.
Your chance to make it real
We believe students have the power to turn ideas into solutions that make the world a better place. And we’re not the only ones who believe in our students. Check out these partners — here in Richmond and around the world — who are investing in VCU students:
- Activation Capital
- Clinton Global Initiative
- European Innovation Academy
- Jackson Ward Collective
- Lighthouse Labs
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, Va.
We take risks, not tests
The VCU da Vinci Center for Innovation is something you won’t find at other universities. It harnesses the power of cross-disciplinary collaboration to produce the next generation of innovators and creators, and it’s committed to increasing diversity and inclusivity in entrepreneurial and technical ecosystems. Programs include:
VCU Entrepreneurship Academy
This program brings underrepresented students together with local entrepreneurs, and they learn and work together, earning micro-credentials in innovation and entrepreneurship along the way.
Shift Retail Lab at VCU
One of the first of its kind, this storefront lets past and present students showcase their work to gain insights and test their products, services and ideas with real-world customers.
Richmond is one of the “Best Cities Regardless of Size for Startups” according to Southern Business and Development.
- 58% students involved in entrepreneurial or innovation activities
- 15% students start companies while at VCU
- $2 million+ total revenue, grants and investments generated by student start-ups in one year.
- B.S. in business with a concentration in management/entrepreneurship
- Certificate in product innovation (undergraduate)
- Certificate in venture creation (undergraduate)
- Executive M.B.A. with a concentration in entrepreneurship and innovation
- M.B.A. with a concentration in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Master of product innovation
- Minor in entrepreneurship